I made this stupid easy beef bolognese this week and it is so delicious. I had it for lunch and dinner and I will probably have it for the next few lunches and dinners, too! This dish is packed with veggies and is an easy meal to enjoy and reheat all week long. This dish is Paleo (if you remove the cheese), Whole 30 (also sans cheese), and gluten free! You can also substitute the beef with ground turkey.
- 1 LB hamburger (or turkey)
- 2 large peeked and diced carrots
- 3 stalks of diced celery
- 1/2 chopped white or yellow onion• salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of garlic powder (1/2 for beef, 1/2 for veggies)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- A few glugs of olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, blended
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato
- 1/2 can of tomato paste or half jar of store-bought pasta sauce of any kind (I use Newman’s Own organic tomato basil)
- 3 shredded or zoodled zuchinnis
- cheese to top (optional)
- Place a soup pot or Dutch oven on stove and turn heat to medium. Add hamburger. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook burger until fully browned. Drain grease and set burger aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- In the same pot, add olive oil and chopped onion, celery and carrot and sauté until tender. Add in a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add in the blended tomatoes and then the 1/2 jar of pasta sauce (or tomato paste).
- Add burger back into the sauce and once bubbling bring down to a low simmer.
- Using a shredder or spiralizer, shred your zucchini noodles.
- Transfer desired amount of doodles into a bowl and ladle with the bolognese sauce. Garnish with mozzarella or parm.