- Burrito = Flour Tortilla
- Enchilada = Corn Tortilla
Look at you learning knew things! Or maybe you already knew that – how presumptive of me.
With the weather starting to drop down into the 30’s and life getting busy with the Holidays just around the corner – I wanted to share my recipe for these vegetarian: bean, corn, and green chili burritos. Fool-proof, quick, easy and you can even assemble them ahead of time for total weeknight dinner mastery!
These can be made with corn or flour tortillas, but I chose flour for these because I couldn’t find corn tortillas that were big enough and I wasn’t in the mood to make a homemade batch. That’s just me being honest. If you’re calorie or carb conscious, the corn tortilla is definitely a better option!
I love these bean burritos because even the meat lovers in my life (Matt) absolutely love these and don’t even miss the meat! They are filling, warm, and definite comfort food for a cold November night.
These take about 30 minutes total to make. 10 minutes to assemble and 20 minutes in the oven. You can assemble and roll the little burritos (or enchiladas) ahead of time and dump the enchilada sauce and cheese on when you’re ready to bake. I like to serve with fresh cilantro and a dollop of Greek yogurt – but these are also lovely with jalapeños, avocado, cotija cheese, or lime crema- the choice is yours!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can green chilis
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 6 corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese (I used taco cheese)
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- black olives and pickled jalapeños, to preference
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Pour 1/4 can of enchilada sauce in bottom of 9x13inch pan
- in a separate bowl, Mix beans, corn, green chilis and taco seasoning together (I use my homemade taco seasoning but storebought is fine too).
- Take bean mixture and roll into corn tortillas, placing into pan
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and jalapeños / sliced black olives to preference
- Bake at 375 F for 20 mins
- Serve with cilantro and a dollop of sour cream
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! Happy Friday!
Photography by Grace Pritchett