Yesterday I spent the afternoon cooking up meals and getting ready for my short work week. I made these vegan black bean quinoa bowls and I’m obsessed! Super simple, healthy, and flavorful – what more can a girl ask for?
The avocado garnish really sends the flavor of this dish into overdrive, mixed with the Mexican spice blend and sweetness of the salsa. *DROOL*
1. 1/2 cup quinoa
2. 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
3. 1/2 small red onion, chopped
4. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
5. 1/2 cup chicken or veggie broth
6. 1/2 cup salsa (I used my roasted chipotle garlic salsa, recipe on blog!)
7. 1 cup corn
8. 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
9. 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
10. Juice from 1/2 a lime
11. 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (I used my homemade blend – recipe on blog – store bought works, too)
11. 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
12. Avocado to serve
13. Olive oil – drizzle in pan to preference
1. Drizzle olive oil in pan and sauté garlic and onion, until soft and starting to golden – over medium heat (6 on my stove)
2. Add in quinoa, stock and salsa salsa, stir until bubbly
3. Add corn, tomatoes, black beans, seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro (if you use store bought seasoning and salsa instead of my recipe, add 1 tablespoon of sugar to counteract the acidity from the salsa and tomatoes). Stir over medium heat until bubbling.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low (4 on my stove) and continue stirring occasionally for 20 minutes until thickened.
5. Serve with avocado and garnish with cilantro
Food Gal Al